Bath Bombs are all over the rage now. The fizz and the cute colors bath bombs make will brighten up everyone’s day, and for the Gothik lovers black bath bombs as black as your soul are there too! But this Unicorn Bath Bomb is real real bomb to bring out the inner unicorn in you !
Follow her recipe to DIY for the your next magical bath.
- 1 cup citric acid
- 2 cups baking soda
- 2 ounces shea butter
- 2 teaspoons essential oil of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon pink colorant
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow colorant
- 1/2 teaspoon blue colorant
- Iridescent Super Sparkle Glitter
- 1 ounce glycerin melt and pour
- 24k gold mica
Materials: spray bottle, bath bomb mold; unicorn horn mold
1. Start with citric acid and baking soda. In a large bowl, add citric acid and baking soda, and mix thoroughly.
2. Add oils. Using your hands, mix 1 ounce shea butter (to soothe and moisturize your skin) and the essential oil (to add a scent) into the citric acid-baking soda mixture.
3. Divide and color. Split the mixture evenly into three bowls. In each bowl, add a different colorant. Mix thoroughly until the mixture is evenly colored.
4. Spray water into the mix. Use a spray bottle to spritz your mixtures a little at a time. Continue to use your hands to mix it all together until it is at a consistency where it’s a little crumbly but can hold its shape when you tightly squeeze it.
5. Pack the mixture into the mold. Sprinkle a little of each color into the mold until it’s full. Then use the palm of your hand to press it in tight.
6. Let it dry. Tap the mold to release the bath bombs and set them aside somewhere warm and dry for a few hours to dry.
7. Glitterfy your bomb. Once the bombs are dry, sprinkle the iridescent glitter on top.
8. Form the horn. Melt 1 ounce shea butter and pour it into the horn mold. Let it harden before removing from the mold.
9. Dip it in gold. Once hardened, dip each horn in mica to create a magical sheen.
10. Attach the horn. Heat the glycerin in the microwave a few seconds at a time until melted. Dip the bottom of the horns in the glycerin and stick them to the top of the bombs to finish.
11. Toss it in when your bath is ready and live your best unicorn life.
Photo by : SoapCherie/Instagram
Recipe sources from: Cosmopolitan